Monday, August 24, 2009

Best Burgers

I don't care what anybody says, Fatty's has the best hamburgers in San Antonio. Possibly the world.

I've been to the Armadillo, which occupies the space that once housed Little Hipps, and tries not quite successfully to duplicate its food and ambience. It's OK, but Fatty's is better.

I've been to Luther's ... no contest.

I've been to Sam's Burger Joint ... no contest.

I've been to Chester's ... not even in the same league.

I've been to Jim's; there was a time when Jim's Frontier Burger would have given just about anybody a run for their money, but that was long, long ago. Lately, Jim's is just the faintest of also-rans.

I've been to Timbo's, a lunch spot off Broadway tossed together by former employees of Little Hipps. It does no better than the Armadillo in duplicating the Little Hipps Experience.

I've been to Five Guys, the trendy Philadelphia chain that seems to be all the rage among the local newspaper's reviewers. It makes me question the reviewers' judgment. Nowhere near as good as Fatty's.

And finally, I've been to Little Hipps, many, many times before it closed a few years ago. Yes, it was the paradigm of the hamburger in San Antonio for decades, and yes, it was very, very, very good.

But Fatty's is better.
Much, much better.

Fatty's Burgers & More on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own two cents here.